3rd Shift Production Supervisor - Automotive 8/27/2016
TRC Professional Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TRC is looking for a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor to work at an Automotive Manufacturing Company in Mebane, NC.
Third shift hours are 11:30 pm- 7:30 am.
The Ideal candidate will be responsible for 30--35 people in an Assembly and Machining area. We need a strong manufacturing leader that is able to motivate, hold people accountable, coach hourly workers, and work with teams to solve problems.
Lean Manufacturing is very important. Experience with 5S, Lost Time Analysis, Visual Management, Standard Work, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping is highly preferred.
* Responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and productivity of their assigned teams.
* Function as primary facilitator for designated cell(s) and have responsibility for performance across all shifts.
* Housekeeping and 5S responsibility for assigned cells and shop floor in general.
* Responsible for KRONOS Time and Attendance tracking, cross charging hours, enforcing attendance policy, and reconciling payroll adjustments and corrections. Make decisions regarding vacation and personal time planning.
* Communicate and enforce company policies.
* Maintain staffing to budgeted levels. Process ECR's and make requests for temporary labor.
* Coach, train and develop teams/individuals to peak performance.
* Counsel and discipline teams/individuals as necessary.
* Hold regular team meetings, which should include support personnel as required.
* Communicate and escalate with peers in production and support functions.
* Champion QIP's and Improvement Flashes which drive cell improvements. Work cross-functionally to address cell issues.
* Aid in budgeting and scheduling process. Make overtime decisions along with Production Area Manager.
* Represent production department in CAPM Process for new program launch.
* Manage day-to-day exceptions with teamwork and good decision-making.
* Perform other duties as required by Production Management.
* Lean Manufacturing Experience
* Willing to work 3rd Shift
* Machining or Assembly Experience