3rd Shift Supervisor (2016265)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Position Summary: With direction from the plant manager, the 3rd Shift Supervisor is accountable for safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance, and employee relations for assigned shift and department. Job requires efficient use of resources (labor, materials, and equipment) to manufacture quality products at lowest possible cost. Supervise and coordinate the activities of hourly employees on assigned shift. Position is responsible for implementing and maintains best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for assigned shift.
* Ensure safety of all employees; lead safety teams and programs on assigned shift to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, required annual inspections, etc.)
* Supervise all production activities for assigned shift. Schedule shift employees. Crew machines to cover vacations, absence, and overtime.
* Meet or exceed productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations for assigned shift. Implement and maintain best manufacturing practices.
* Hire, train, direct and mentor shift employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
* Direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives, such as BBS with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
* Coordinate production scheduling on shift to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
* Support quality initiative to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Ensure employees complete required quality checks and audits.
* Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfactions. Provide direction, training, and development as needed. Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to Production Manager.
* Identify, propose, and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
* Prepare or approve required shift documentation: Production reports, time cards, etc.
Bachelors degree in business, science or engineering
Bilingual (Spanish) highly desired
2-5 years pertinent experience
Shelbyville, Kentucky, United States