Recovery Specialist (Per Diem, Middlesex County) 10/10/2017
Saint Barnabas Health Care System
New Brunswick, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RECOVERY SPECIALIST (PER DIEM, MIDDLESEX COUNTY)
Job Number: REQ22389-POS55242
Category: Behavioral and Mental Health
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
REPORTS TO: Patient Navigator
* Engage individuals reversed from an opioid overdose and provide non-clinical assistance and recovery supports while maintaining follow-up with these individuals;
* Be a positive role model to clients and their families by sharing experiential knowledge, hope and skills;
* Maintain relationships with clients and families in order to assist individuals in the treatment engagement and retention process;
* Reinforce, guide and ensure clients and their families that recovery is possible, and is built on multiple strengths, coping abilities and resources of each individual;
* Assist clients with gaining skills and resources needed to initiate and maintain recovery;
* Enhance identification and participation in the recovery community;
* Advocate for appropriate and effective community treatment and recovery;
* Empower individuals to make self-determined and self-directed choices about their recovery pathway;
* Provide on-call coverage and report to the ER to support the overdose victim when an alert is received;
* Gather client information to complete the necessary paperwork required by the funder and evaluator; and
* Provide post-emergency department telephone follow-up for at least 60 days to help the client navigate the early stages of seeking assistance and beginning a successful path towards recovery.
* The Recovery Specialist must have four (4) years of sobriety and experience in the principals of recovery that assist individuals to improve their health and wellness.
* Must have availability to work from 7 am to 7 pm or from 7 pm to 7 am.
* Minimum Associate s degree preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalency required.
* Must have a valid driver s license and vehicle..