This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/4/2018
University Research Co., LLC
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Recruitment Associate
LOCATION: Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 317
# OF OPENINGS: 1
University Research Co., LLC (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
As knowledgeable Human Relations professionals, the Human Resources Department supports URC-CHS's mission and core values by fostering a work environment that promotes diversity, opportunity, respect and fairness while delivering leadership and exceptional service within the growing URC-CHS family.
Our core competencies include recruitment and retention, employee relations, organizational and professional development, total rewards and benefits, and compliance. As a partner of URC-CHS's leadership and divisions, we contribute to the organization's success through a thorough understanding of all aspect of Human Relations assuring and maintaining our competitive advantage.
It is also our responsibility to ensure that our employees are the most talented, motivated and driven individuals to provide innovative and evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Source candidates, screen resumes and schedule interviews
* Provide support to recruitment team researching documents, preparing recruitment files, typing or preparing letters/documents and filing
* Post positions, obtain candidate information, and document for the recruitment process in compliance with URC corporate policies and procedures and federal guidelines
* Search database and social media for appropriate candidates for corporate and new business positions as needed
* Process background checks, obtain references and verify salary history
* Conduct telephone and in-person interviews
* Maintain candidate records and update URC recruitment system
* Contribute to the development of the international consultant database and promote the use of new technical professionals to broaden experts
* Liaise with Business Development Staff on upcoming business needs
* Keep track, suggest, organize and participate in job fairs relevant to organizations needs and strategic objectives
* Audit and process invoices as required
* Attend recruitment meetings, presentations and brainstorming sessions as required
* Support Corporate tasks, and other functions as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
* 2 years of work experience;
* Bachelor degree or higher;
* Knowledge of USAID regulations pertinent to staffing USAID-funded projects preferred;
* Computer literacy required in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet applications;
* Experience working with applicant tracking system and other recruitment platforms;
* Experience with corporate and business development recruitment;
* Exceptional research and writing skills;
* Keen and intense attention to detail;
* Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
You must upload your CV/R sum and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.