Regional Air Freight Process Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/28/2017
* Focus on how we add value for customers. Eliminate waste and non-value adding activities. Balance productivity and control over profitability.
* Seek opportunities to improve productivity and GP control across the AF commercial and operational functions (incl. supervisor level)
* Work with countries to identify requirements and opportunities
* Work with Corporate and other Regions to advise, align, and prioritize
* Drive implementation activities into countries
* Coach and support Country Air Freight S&P Managers as required
Quality & Standardization:
Establish and enforce standards that drive quality, eliminate rework, and enable the industrialization of our processes.
* Work closely with the Global S&P team to define and improve process standards that enable quality, efficiency, and economies of scale as well as compliance with global and local regulations relevant for Air Freight operations.
* Work with Country S&P Managers to drive implementation of process standards
* Establish the methods and tools to monitor adherence to standards and process quality across countries within the Region
* Address / escalate sustained deficiencies with RHoAFS&P
* Guide and support Country Air Freight S&P Managers as required
Establish a culture of best-practice sharing, on-going learning, and constructively challenging the status quo. Leverage and promote Continuous Improvement mindset and supporting methods. Provide the methods and materials to deliver consistent and current training to operations.
* Establish methods and tools for regularly assessing skill gaps and actions to address same within Air Freight Operations
* Carry out Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and communicate Regional training requirements to Corporate
* Work with HR and other regional functions to align and coordinate maintenance and development of Air Freight training library and associated tools
* Actively contribute to knowledge and best practice sharing across the global S&P Team
* Contribute to creation and maintenance of Air Freight training material
Good knowledge of
* Air Freight Product, specifically operational processes
* Continuous improvement methodologies
* Process management including process mapping
* Data analysis
* Project ManagementAbility to understand and evaluate PA AF P&L at Country and Regional level SKILLS
* High attention to detail and sense of accuracy
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Self-motivated, flexible and resilient
* Ability to clearly and concisely present both written and oral information
* Result oriented with a customer focus
* Effective listening skills
* Capable to make informed decisions and to general practical, timely solutions
* Microsoft Office Software (Excel , Word, PowerPoint , Visio and others)
* Knowledge of Panalpina Applications preferred
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Other languages (written and spoken) beneficial
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer