Regional Vice President, Business Development - Public Sector 3/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Regional Vice President, Business Development - Public Sector
The Business Development Representatives are responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities within their assigned territory. They generate new business opportunities to fuel the Enterprise pipeline by conducting strategic research and cold calling. You will play a key role as you lead/manage this highly visible and motivated team that achieves individual, team and organizational quotas. You'll be a valuable contributor to the corporate sales strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan for Sales to achieve corporate objectives.
* Provide direct level leadership for business development group to include items related to strategy, operational efficiency, collaboration, and sales effectiveness
* Develop first line managers into effective leaders for their respective teams
* Reporting on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
* Motivate Individuals and Team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
* Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
* 8+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management, preferably in CRM or enterprise applications, with a consistent proven track record of over-achievement of quota expectations
* Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software application environment
* Proven experience successfully managing people to achieve performance goals
* Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
* Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
* Excellent presentation and listening skills
* Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
* Ability to hire and train new sales representatives
* Related Bachelor's degree
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.