Registered Nurse - Childbirth
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/28/2017
Cooley Dickinson Hospital (CDH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Registered Nurse is responsible for delivering patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
The Maternity Nurse provides family-centered care for women with antepartum medical conditions, women in labor, women giving birth (vaginal and Cesarean-section) and their newborns, postpartum women and women with gynecological conditions. The nurse interacts with those of adult age on an inter-disciplinary level, she must be able to effectively interact appropriately to individual's intellectual level and physical ability.
This position is part of the Massachusetts Nurses Association Bargaining Unit at Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager/Director and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required, BSN preferred
* Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
* BLS certification required
* Demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills required.
* ACLS required within 6 months of hire or transfer into position.
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer into position.
* NRP required within 1 year of hire or transfer into position.
* Fetal Heart Monitoring (FHM) certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer into position and every two years while actively employed.
* BSN preferred.
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.