Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool; Critical Care ( ER/ICU); FT; 7P-7A; Night Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care in accordance with physician s treatment plans and standards of evidence based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
UNITS COVERED IN FLOAT POOL:
Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Special Care, Emergency Department at both campuses, Cardio/Pulmonary/Neurologiy Unit at The Heights, Emergency Department at The Heights, Invasive & Non Invasive Cardiac Lab, Post Anesthesiology Care, Endoscopy and Day Surgery at both campuses.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
3-5 years experience in one or more areas specified in the float pool.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification(s) required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Nights
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled