Registered Nurse (RN) - GI Lab (Endo)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/30/2017
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Participates in comprehensive care of the patient undergoing an endoscopic procedures. This includes continuous assessment, monitoring, administration and maintenance of sedation and analgesia under the direction of a physician. Serves ages adolescent through elderly adult.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assesses patients prior to and during procedures.
* Manages patient during all stages of Conscious Sedation.
* Manages and maintains a variety of endoscopic equipment.
* Manages collection, labeling, presentation, and transport of multiple specimens. These include specimens collected in a variety of procedures, and multiple specimens from individual patients.
* Participates as assigned in Endoscopy on-call schedule and arrives on-site within 45 minutes.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The clinical areas include Pre-admission Testing, Day Surgery (Pre-op and Phase II Recovery), OR, PACU (Phase I Recovery) and ENDO.
Hours of operation are from 0630 until 1500, with 3 procedure rooms from 7a-2p.
The department is open for urgent/emergent procedures on weekends, holidays and after hours.
One year experience in surgical services or critical care.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is recommended, but not required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled