Registered Nurse (RN), Labor and Delivery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00035-38797
Nights (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Labor and Delivery Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
In the Maternal Infant Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital we offer a full range of integrated women s health services for all stages of our patients lives. Our team of highly-trained Gynecologists, Obstetricians, Perinatologists, Anesthesiologists and Registered Nurses provide our patients family-centered care that is rooted in compassion.
Our Maternal Infant Unit includes a 24-bed Labor Delivery Recovery Postpartum (LDRP), with spacious rooms our patients remain in for the duration of their stay. In addition to the LDRP rooms, we have 3 overflow Postpartum rooms, a Nursery, and 2 Obstetrics (OB) Operating Rooms. For high-risk pregnancies and childbirths, we maintain a 20-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), multiple maternal-fetal medicine specialists, and 24/7 Neonatologist coverage.
Johnston-Willis Hospital supports a positive work environment as evidenced by utilizing AWHONN staffing guidelines. We support and encourage professional growth and development of our team members through continuing education (Fetal Monitoring Class, OB Safety Drills, etc.), and our clinical ladder program. For the community we offer outreach education programs and classes such as Preparation for Labor, Labor Basics, Baby Basics, Breast-Feeding Classes and Support Group, Postpartum Support Group, Sibling Class, and Class for Multiples.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in addition to inpatient rehabilitation such as cancer care through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital, our ER which is a state-authorized level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Registered Nurse (RN) performs care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Registered Nurse:
* Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of HCA.
* Performs maternal assessments and provides appropriate interventions for patients who range in age from menses to menopause.
* Performs fetal assessments and provides appropriate interventions.
* Uses appropriate interventions for OB pain management.
* Performs and monitors OB anesthesia/analgesia and provides appropriate interventions.
* Communicates effectively with all members of health care team, utilizing verbal and written skills.
* Responds to acute changes in unit and patient conditions.
* Demonstrates support of Lactation Services.
* Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others.
* Performs Labor and Delivery surgical procedures.
* Attends unit meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
* Patient Rights - Works to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
* Patient Safety Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
* Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
* Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* ACLS, PALS, and NRP certification (preferred)
* At least 1 year of experience in Labor and Delivery (required)
* 2 years of Labor and Delivery experience (preferred)
Last Edited: 09/14/2017