Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/29/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 03198-84579
Nights (rotating weekends)
KINGWOOD MEDICAL CENTER KINGWOOD, TEXAS
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MEDICAL UNIT
The MEDICAL UNIT is 28-bed unit is a provider of acute, medical care services to adult and geriatric populations with a wide variety of diagnoses including but not limited to stroke, pneumonia, COPD. This unit also serves as surgical and/or telemetry overflow.
KINGWOOD MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MEDICAL UNIT.
* The Medical Unit registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination and care delivery to the assigned patients in order to provide high quality patient care and services.
* Patient ages range from adult to geriatric.
* The registered nurse functions as an extension of the charge nurse and the unit supervisor to ensure a professional level of care is maintained.
* The registered nurse is responsible for the delegation of those patient care tasks that fall within the scope of care for LVNs and PCAs on the unit.
* The registered nurse has a primary function in the development of a plan of care for the patients and the provision of educational needs for patients, families, and significant others.
* The registered nurse maintains a high level of competency in the provision of nursing care for patients served.
* Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
* At least one (1) year recent clinical experience as an RN
* Acute care experience in a medical-surgical, or telemetry acute care setting.
* Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
* Current BLS from the American Heart Association
* Current ACLS from the American Heart Association preferred
* EKG/Dysrhythmia recognition preferred
* CMSRN preferred
Last Edited: 11/21/2017