Registered Nurse (RN), Newborn Nursery 9/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00035-37835
Days (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Newborn Nursery Unit at Johnson-Willis Hospital.
In the Maternal Infant Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital we offer a full range of integrated women s health services for all stages of our patients lives. Our team of highly-trained Gynecologists, Obstetricians, Perinatologists, Anesthesiologists and Registered Nurses provide our patients family-centered care that is rooted in compassion.
Our Maternal Infant Unit includes a 24-bed Labor Delivery Recovery Postpartum (LDRP), with spacious rooms our patients remain in for the duration of their stay. In addition to the LDRP rooms, we have 3 overflow Postpartum rooms, a Nursery, and 2 Obstetrics (OB) Operating Rooms. For high-risk pregnancies and childbirths, we maintain a 20-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), multiple maternal-fetal medicine specialists, and 24/7 Neonatologist coverage.
Johnston-Willis Hospital supports a positive work environment as evidenced by utilizing AWHONN staffing guidelines. We support and encourage professional growth and development of our team members through continuing education (Fetal Monitoring Class, OB Safety Drills, etc.), and our clinical ladder program. For the community we offer outreach education programs and classes such as Preparation for Labor, Labor Basics, Baby Basics, Breast-Feeding Classes and Support Group, Postpartum Support Group, Sibling Class, and Class for Multiples.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in addition to inpatient rehabilitation such as cancer care through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital, our ER which is a state-authorized level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Registered Nurse in the Newborn Nursery will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
* The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of HCA.
* The RN performs maternal assessments and provides appropriate interventions for patients who range in age from menses to menopause.
* The Nurse performs fetal assessments and provides appropriate interventions.
* The RN uses appropriate interventions for OB pain management.
* The RN performs and monitors OB anesthesia/analgesia and provides appropriate interventions.
* The RN communicates effectively with all members of health care team, utilizing verbal and written skills.
* The Nurse responds to acute changes in unit and patient conditions.
* The RN demonstrates support of Lactation Services.
* The RN initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others.
* The RN performs Labor and Delivery surgical procedures.
* The Registered Nurse attends Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
* Patient Rights - The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
* Patient Safety - The Registered Nurse will demonstrate commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
* Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
* BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
* Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* ACLS, PALS, and NRP certification (preferred)
* At least 1 year of experience in Newborn Nursery (required)
* 2 years of NICU experience (preferred)
Last Edited: 09/14/2017