Registered Nurse RN - Surgery / Operating Room OR PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 1/6/2018
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01385-8401
NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED OR REGISTERED NURSE TO JOIN OUR EXPANDING SURGICAL TEAM!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for five consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an A in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons .
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click here to watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. We provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
* Number of Staff: 35
* 7 Main Operating Rooms plus 2 Open Heart (CVOR) Rooms
* Type of Cases: Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, and Plastics
* Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies, 7-20 per day, 3000-3500 annually
* Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified)
* Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, lights, and sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Stryker and Olympus video systems, Stryker and Anspauch powered- instrumentation, Zeiss microscopes, STEALTH, CUSA, specialized tables (cysto, Jackson, Andrews), Olympus endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel and Ligasure units, etc.
* Special Certifications Needed: CNOR preferred, but not required; CST preferred, but not required. BCLS certification required through the American Heart Association.
* Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Must have a minimum of ONE year of hospital OR experience (including experience with total joints, spinal , and major vascular cases)
* Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
* Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
* Current licensure as a Florida state RN.
* Current certification as a BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Must live within a 30-minute drive time radius of the hospital for on-call requirements.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Last Edited: 10/26/2017