This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Candidates for the Remedy/BMC engineer position require strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and must be knowledgeable about implementing Enterprise IT Service Management (ITSM) and other IT practices to optimize, transform, and ensure the Government s compliant, efficient, and effective use of the Remedy/BMC software platform. The Remedy/BMC engineer will design and deliver end-to-end automated solutions that include the technical implementation of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, workflow customization, ticketing design, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configurations.
Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications. Research, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms. Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management. Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Act as team leader on projects. Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team and development of software user site and internal manuals.
- Provide system engineering and analysis support the BMC Remedy ITSM, modules, and add-ons for the enterprise including installation, integration, maintenance, and Tier 3 support.
- Evaluate the Remedy ITSM architecture and provide recommended changes in processes, configuration, software, and hardware, as needed.
- Provide engineering support for the development and maintenance of engineering and related technical documentation.
- Provide engineering, test and evaluation, and operational, post deployment and life-cycle support of the Enterprise ITSM (EITSM), Remedy, modules, add-ons, and Dashboards.
- Provide technical support, to include performing on-site and telecommute; to develop requirements for Government review; installation, engineering validation, and test support, and engineering analysis technical reviews.
- Perform and document technical engineering studies and provide over-the-shoulder training as required.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the EITSM standard design and configuration at the Data Center.
- Perform operational engineering tasks in UNIX, Windows, Oracle, SQL, and EITSM core and modules.
- BS in Computer Science or related information technology or 10 years of practical engineering or 10 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Training and expertise in BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) versions 8.x or 9.x
- BMC Certified Administrator 8.x and 9.x
- Comprehensive understanding of ITIL, ITIL framework, ITIL for Remedy, and EITSM design and deployment.
- Working knowledge and experience in configuring, installing, testing, documenting, and training on ITSM products, with emphasis on the full suite of ITSM.
- Working knowledge and understanding of enterprise Network Operation tools, procedures, and operational constructs.
- BMC Certified AtriumCore Administrator 8. X
- BMC Certified ITSM Administrator 7, 8 or 9
- BMC Certified BPPM Administrator 9.x
- BMC Certified Atrium Discovery and Dependency Administrator 9.x
- Experience in Remedy AR System 7.5 or higher
CDO Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V