RERC Field Interviewers 2/20/2017
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigators of the UCLA-Semel lnstitute, Global Center for Children and Families, incumbent will perform the role of Field Recruiter and Interviewer and will conduct participant recruitment, retention and assessment for the Recruitment, Engagement, and Retention Center (RERC) for the Adolescent Trials Network (ATN) cooperative agreement and linked research projects. This role will be primarily placed in our collaborating community based organizations, work in the field to recruit, enroll, and assess participants at 4-month intervals for the duration of the study. Major job functions include: (1) traveling to assigned project sites to identify and engage potential study participants; (2) recruitment, retention, and implementation of assessments using prepared questions; (3) data entry in real-time using mobile phone and web-based systems; (4) participant tracking and follow-up at pre-determined time points; and, (5) provide enrollment updates to RERC Director, Assessment Coordinator, and SRA II Field Supervisor on an ongoing basis. The incumbent must have: skill in developing rapport with individuals, including young people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds; excellent organizational skills to assist the assessment team to meet goals within specified time period.
18% ASSESSMENT, OUTREACH AND RECRUITMENT OF SUBJECTS
1. Thorough knowledge of project's computerized and written assessments.
2. Recruit participants for project at various sites throughout Southern California following Recruitment Protocols and Screening Criteria designated by supervisors.
3. Keep adequate supplies of program materials and protocols with them to complete surveys.
4. Collect accurate, thorough, and legible tracking and locating information
5. Return all equipment and data to the UCLA main office in good condition as soon as possible after data is collected.
6. Keep accurate records of funds disbursed to participants for assessments with documentation of completion.
7. Provide updates on community-based organization sites to RERC Director and Assessment Coordinator.
8. Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with RERC Director and Assessment Coordinator for coordination of recruitment, assessment, and retention of participants, and for referrals and triage of emergency situations.
9. Assist in delivery of program incentives and referral materials to participants in a timely manner.
10. Update databases and prepare reports on various aspects of recruitment, assessment, and other work in progress as requested and within specified periodic timelines.
11. Track and follow up participants, make phone calls, mail letters, send text messages and re-engage participants as necessary.
12. Assist in monitoring the status and progress of all participants, and problem solve issues with in-person and technology mediated assessments (i.e., web, mobile phone).
13. Schedule participant enrollment and follow-up assessments.
14. Drive to various locations throughout Southern California for recruitment and outreach.
15. Distribute of recruitment media and materials.
16. Assist participants in completing assessment.
Conduct Rapid Diagnostic Tests for HIV and secually Transmitted Infections and substance use using finger stick prick and self-collected swab tests.
18% TRAINING, ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES, AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
1. Timely attendance at training and planning sessions as requested periodically.
2. Be prepared for all trainings, including review of materials, preparation of slides or other materials as needed.
3. Demonstrate competency in delivering recruitment, retention and assessment materials at training sessions.
4. Communicate with Clinical Supervisor from Intervention Team, in conjunction with Assessment Coordinator, Director, and Field Supervisor about clinical issues that arise in addition to non-clinical delivery problems.
5. Assist data team in testing assessments.
6. Prepare progress reports.
Communicate with other team members to ensure assessments are completed within scheduled timeframe.
8% FOLLOW STUDY PROTOCOLS
1. Follow all protocols and procedures as written.
2. Report all incidences (e.g. upset or sick participant, enrollment or follow up interruptions, etc.) not covered by the Emergency Procedures Protocol to RERC Director, Assessment Coordinator, and clinical supervisor as soon as possible after they occur.
3. Follow Emergency Procedures and Abuse Reporting Protocols for all incidents specified during training and listed in the program protocols.
4. Participate in RERC meetings (individual or group).
5. Assist the Assessment Coordinator and Director in communicating with community-based organizations and associated liaisons.
Participate in interviewing and team decision-making process
6% OTHER PROGRAM RELATED DUTIES
1. Represent the Global Center for Children and Families and the Adolescent Trials Network to the professional and ethical standards presented during training and team meetings, in written protocols and memorandums (circulated to RERC staff) in all dealings with UCLA, community-based organizations, and participants.
2. Demonstrate accountability for reporting schedule and schedule changes, requesting and reporting absences, sick leave, etc.
3. Demonstrate responsiveness to supervision provided by RERC Director, Assessment Coordinator, and SRA II Field Supervisor.
Complete other program related tasks and duties as assigned within timelines while communicating priorities to RERC Director, Assessment Coordinator, and SRA II Field Supervisor.
Must be responsible, punctual and reliable.
Must have own transportation.
Must have a valid California Driver's License, auto insurance and a clean driving record.
Must be a team-player.
Must be able to maintain professional composure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
Skill in coordinating a planning process that involves partners with diverse backgrounds and skills (constant).
Must protect participant confidentiality.
Ability to use mobile phone.
Bilingual in Spanish and English (preferred for half of positions available).
B.A or B.S preferred