This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 2/13/2018
Sidley Austin LLP
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRESEARCH ANALYST
Library and Research Services
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Research Analyst will provide high-quality, in-depth legal and non-legal research using online and print resources. S/he will liaise with assigned practice area teams by providing key actionable insights that can be used to support better decisions through topic-specific research and analytic results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conduct high-level, customizable research and analytics in legal, business and other subjects.
* Serve as practice, subject, and/or industry research specialist in areas aligned with the firm s practice and business; use this expertise to proactively support Practice Area Teams (PAT) as the assigned liaison.
* Provide training on research strategies and resources as requested; develop, plan, coordinate and deliver presentations to assigned PAT and other groups, on recent developments, current awareness and research tools and other topics; contribute to the preparation of instructional and department marketing material.
* Participate in collection development including new databases, websites and print material; prepare resource review report as assigned: coordinate user surveys, analyze usage, compare resource with other firm resources and competing products to make informed recommendations for renewal or cancellation.
* Keep up to date on industry current trends and best practices.
* Occasional evening and weekend coverage is required as part of team rotation.
* Work on special projects or any other duties assigned to fully meet the requirements of this position.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
* MLS from an ALA accredited university or a minimum 3 years experience in a research environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* JD from an ABA accredited law school or other advanced degree.
* Strong technical skills, including familiarity with SharePoint, MS Office, social media, graphic editors, and other related technology tools.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Good interpersonal communication skills
* Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
* The ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* The ability to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* The ability to work under pressure
* The ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.