Research Tech I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/20/2018
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 14421
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Entry-level research technical position. Participates in a planned research project by performing research protocols and experimental procedures under direct supervision. Exercises some discretion and judgment in execution and interpretation of experiments, and of data derived.
* Performs routine tests under the direction of principal investigator or supervisor
* Performs research procedures on experimental samples as directed
* Records and checks results for completeness and accuracy
* Performs calculations and maintains appropriate log books and lab notebooks
* Performs tasks that may require familiarity with fundamental techniques and equipment
* Assists with planning specific research protocols and procedures
* May sterilize & clean glassware and dispose of specimens, media and other materials (using appropriate procedures)
* Assists in care & maintenance of equipment
* Compiles information from lab notebooks and Journals
* Attends courses, seminars, and lab meetings to expand knowledge of research and laboratory techniques
* Maintains a log of work performed, compiles and helps analyze data, prepares charts, graphs, and results of studies
* Conducts literary searches as directed
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate s degree
* Relevant classroom or laboratory experience required
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.