Resident Engineer 10/11/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job description
The Infrastructure business line of Arcadis is seeking a Resident Engineer for projects Greater Houston area and adjacent counties. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of experience working on TXDOT highway and roadway projects with bridge structural construction inspection a plus (but not required). The right candidate for this position is passionate about both pursuing and interviewing for projects, and then heading up the team as the RE/Chief Inspector once the project has been won and starts.
Typical duties include:
* Supervise construction on highway and roadway projects and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications.
* Coordinate work with the contractor and various public utilities agencies.
* Maintain the records and reports related to project.
* Coordinating directly with the general contractor and negotiating change orders.
* Assist in inspections to assure compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all phases of structural construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework, shoring, and drainage structures.
* Make or support grade, alignment, quantity, falsework, and shoring calculations.
* Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports required for the project. Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications.
* Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
* Coordinate with the project team, as well as the Construction Staking and Material Testing CMCs.
* Interface with assigned TXDOT client management
* Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
* Previously worked for or on TXDOT roadway construction projects
* 8 or more years of experience on roadway, highway, bridge or structural construction inspection as related to major public works projects.
* Knowledge of stress analysis, structural mechanics, and strength of materials.
* Knowledge of the physical characteristics and properties of various roadway and bridge construction materials including concrete and steel.
* Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning construction work in progress and solving field problems.
* Ability to direct the efforts of subordinate inspectors.
* Ability to use an automatic level and transit for the purpose of verifying line and grade.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineTransportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow today.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.