Resident Engineer / Chief Roadworks Inspector 10/11/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Infrastructure business line of Arcadis is seeking a Resident Engineer / Chief Roadway Inspector for projects Greater Houston area and adjacent counties. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of experience working on TXDOT highway and roadway projects with bridge structural construction inspection a plus (but not required). The right candidate for this position is passionate about both pursuing and interviewing for projects, and then heading up the team as the RE/Chief Inspector once the project has been won and starts.
Typical duties include:
* Supervise construction on highway and roadway projects and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications.
* Coordinate work with the contractor and various public utilities agencies.
* Maintain the records and reports related to project.
* Coordinating directly with the general contractor and negotiating change orders.
* Assist in inspections to assure compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all phases of structural construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework, shoring, and drainage structures.
* Make or support grade, alignment, quantity, falsework, and shoring calculations.
* Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports required for the project. Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications.
* Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
* Coordinate with the project team, as well as the Construction Staking and Material Testing CMCs.
* Interface with assigned TXDOT client management
* Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
* Previously worked for or on TXDOT roadway construction projects
* 8 or more years of experience on roadway, highway, bridge or structural construction inspection as related to major public works projects.
* Knowledge of stress analysis, structural mechanics, and strength of materials.
* Knowledge of the physical characteristics and properties of various roadway and bridge construction materials including concrete and steel.
* Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning construction work in progress and solving field problems.
* Ability to direct the efforts of subordinate inspectors.
* Ability to use an automatic level and transit for the purpose of verifying line and grade.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Four-year degree in civil/structural engineering is desired
* BS in Civil Engineering or closely related field
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.