Retirement Plan Consultant - Kansas City, MO 10/11/2017
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
The Pension Senior Associate will be responsible for handling all aspects of qualified 401(k) retirement plan administration for Defined Contribution plans for small businesses, including government filings. This person should expect to be responsible for at least 50 plans, and possess the ability to cultivate a high-touch relationship with both plan sponsors and advisors. Candidates should have accounting experience, strong problem solving skills, organizational and critical thinking, time management and customer service skills, and should place an emphasis on quality work.
This is an entry level position. Training will be provided.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
* Complete all aspects of accounting and compliance for qualified retirement plans
* Execute solid understanding of accounting principles, general tax regulations, ERISA, technology implementation procedures, etc. relative to individual client assignments
* Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested
* Strive to attain charge hour goals
* Participate in early practice development activities such as: membership in qualified organization capable of referring potential engagements
* Execute Administrative duties as assigned
* Expectation to achieve industry credentials such as QKA within 4 years
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred.
* CPA eligible; desire to obtain certification is required.
* Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations and GAAS rules, procedures and standards.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software.
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html