Revenue Manager 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PTC Company Description
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) is a $1B+ global provider of technology platforms and enterprise applications for smart and connected products, operations, and systems. Our enterprise applications serve manufacturers and other businesses that create, operate and service products. Our award-winning ThingWorx technology platforms help companies achieve a new reality in smart, connected things and systems - deriving new value emerging from the Internet of Things market. An early pioneer in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, PTC today employs more than 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses worldwide. We are headquartered in Needham, MA.
Job Description for Advertising Purposes
The Revenue Manager, reporting to the VP of Global Revenue, will be a creative and enthusiastic leader, business partner and professional overseeing worldwide revenue and reporting.
The Revenue Manager will lead close activities, review revenue/deferred accounts, prepare various reporting packages, coordination with external auditors for quarterly and annual audits and lead Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance for the revenue area. The position requires solid accounting knowledge combined with strong analytical skills.
* Review and analyze worldwide balance sheet fluctuations and trends related to deferred revenue and receivables (19 worldwide operating units in Americas, Europe, and Asia)
* Oversee weekly and daily status updates of worldwide revenue and booking results to forecast and attend forecast meetings with senior level management to present status
* Design & Review worldwide revenue fair value judgments & support (e.g. VSOE, SSP etc.)
* Participate in acquisition due diligence and integration activities
* Coordinate and respond to external audit queries for the corporate quarterly and annual audits to ensure auditors receive required information in an accurate and timely manner
* Ability to keep pulse on all financial aspects relating to revenue operations and be able to work as a hands on leader when necessary
* Develop talent and continually build teams for future success while ensuring accountability
* Reinforce a customer-centric culture in our organization that builds highly collaborative relationships with Sales, Finance, and Business Operations
* Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
* Communicate revenue guidance to Sales, Legal, Global Support, Global Services, Cloud Services, and Pricing & Packaging
* Review and conclude on complex, multi-element contracts with supporting authoritative literature
* Support the International Finance teams with specific revenue recognition questions and assist with communications regarding changes to guidance (ie. ASC 606)
* Review internal revenue policies and procedures, including Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) narratives and matrices, and ensure procedures are followed in compliance with the Company s SOX controls
* 5+ years of accounting experience
* 2+ years of experience supervising direct reports
* Ability to think strategically, manage risk, and align future direction with priorities
* Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and perform within strict deadlines
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven ability to present technical and financial information to a broad audience
* Ability to collaborate throughout the organization to carry out job responsibilities
* Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
* Experience in the technology or software industry preferred
* CPA designation with Public Accounting experience preferred
* ERP system (Oracle) and experience with report building tools (ie. Oracle BI, Hyperion, SFDC) a plus
Job Req Number
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
PTC is a great place to work. Our culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide level. At PTC, we have great employees and know that they are critical to the company s success.
The Core Values we live by to achieve our success are:
* Customer Success
* Innovation & Empowerment
* Integrity & Professionalism
* Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We are looking to add strong candidates that uphold the PTC Core Values and are eager to grow and develop their careers with us. If you share these values and enjoy a work environment that is fast paced, hands on, and results oriented, then PTC is the place for you.
PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including:
* Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
* Healthcare and Dental insurance
* Paid Time Off and Sick Time
* Birthday Day-off
* Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US)
* Holiday Pay
* Employee Referral Program
* Management and Employee Training Development
* Other Regional-specific Benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.