Revenue Recognition Accountant 9/19/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThis critical role will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of revenue recognition for all Service Lines through review of finalized contracts and the support provided to justify revenue recognition. They will ensure revenue is recorded in accordance with the contractual terms, review the monthly revenue transactions to ensure the P&L and Balance Sheet is correctly stated, and assist with the internal and external audit efforts.
They will act as a subject matter expert for the brokerage revenue process flows through Salesforce and Workday and will be a primary contact for key stakeholders including regional Operational Directors, Revenue Accountants and Accounting Assistants to assist with general system/process questions and trouble-shooting issues. Additionally, they will act as a liaison between the Accenture BPO team and operations.
The role will provide direct support to Revenue Recognition Manager, and will be expected to contribute to the continued stabilization and development of the wider OTC function, in addition to participating in efforts to prepare CW for the compliance with ASC 606, the new revenue recognition standard.
In addition, they will be expected to work closely with other senior members of the Finance Department, including the America s Finance Manager, FP&A leads, and the Finance Service Center - FSC (Accenture BPO) and develop relationships in the global Finance Department, particularly with respect to resolving intercompany issues.
* Gain strong understanding of revenue posting processes across the brokerage and non-brokerage service lines, in addition to learning system process flows that impact revenue recognition
* Undertake contractual reviews to ensure invoices submitted by the regional offices are supported by appropriate documentation
* Assist in addressing and resolving queries with the other OTC Leads as appropriate
* Work with FSC to ensure accuracy is maintained and the brokerage business experience is positive
* Reduce manual touch points in STL related to revenue postings
* Perform month end review of revenue to ensure the P&L is correctly stated for each brokerage service line and region, as well as commissions expense recognition at the time revenue is recognized
* Ensure compliance with all revenue accounting policies and procedures, drive process and system developments with respect to changes in GAAP and develop improvements and efficiencies as required
* Arbitrate on complex deals and assist in the resolution of disputes with the field
* Assist with training and reviewing of local commission processes to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
* Compile list of issues with deals unable to be booked and monitor process until able to resolved
B.A. in Accounting, Finance or related field
Revenue Recognition audit/reviews * Experience and fluent in finance systems (Workday desirable but not essential)
* 5+ years of post qualified experience in accounting, finance, or accounts receivable
* Knowledge of billing / cash application system or equivalent knowledge of similar type of platform
* Knowledge of the Real Estate Industry including a familiarity with leasing documents, commission agreements and broker contracts (preferred)
* Familiar with compliance to Revenue Regulations (SAB 104) and commission controls
* Strong written, comprehension and analytical skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Able to work in a high volume, dynamic, deadline driven environment while coordinating and performing multiple tasks simultaneously
* Resilience and tenacity
* Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
* May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
* Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
* Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..