RFDVT Staff Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
With a pure digital CMOS approach and excellent blocking performance, Broadcom's wireless chipsets and system solutions provide the technology to make wireless personal area networking a reality. Providing radio frequency, baseband, system and complete software support to OEMs and system integrators, Broadcom's wireless chips enable the sharing of data among scores of electronic devices, from mobile phones and wireless stereo headsets to PDAs and automobiles.
Broadcom has an Staff engineer opportunity available to support system verification activities for post-silicon chips produced by the Wireless Connectivity group. Specifically, you will provide support in the areas of RF characterization of Bluetooth/FM/GPS systems.
* Responsibilities include bringup, optimization and verification highly integrated transceivers designed for Bluetooth/FM/GPS applications
* Measure and optimize various design parameters such as phase noise, IQ imbalance, power, gain, spurs, noise figure, AGC, filter, and system parameters such as EVM, PER, ACPR, etc.
* Perform data and failure analysis, debugging and resolve RF system malfunctions and issues.
* Typically requires a MSEE degree and 3 years of experience or a PhD with little to no experience
* Related experience in RF/Wireless, RFIC, or RF systems development
* Knowledge of analog or RF design is desirable
* Hands-on experience with bench test instrumentation (SA, NA, oscilloscopes, meters, etc.) is required
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Electronics debugging experience is a plus
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.