River Medical -- Operations Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/2/2017
Lake Havasu City, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONOperations Supervisor - River Medical
SUMMARY: The Operations Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Direct, monitor, communicate with and evaluate all field employees in his/her assigned area.
* Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users.
* Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
* Prepare employee and Operations Supervisor evaluations.
* Ensure PCR s and other field paperwork is 100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
* Monitor and report compliance with contracts.
* Provide staff and supervisor counseling and guidance and information regarding AMR operations.
* Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units or personnel, including, filing of internal and external reports, and counseling staff and supervisors.
* Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment and medical supplies for field units.
* Implement and enforce company policies and standards.
* Perform direct BLS or ALS patient care activities.
* Maintain communication with other agencies and departments.
* Serve on committees with other departments to set policies and generate ideas.
* Prepare reports and manages projects as assigned by Operations Manager or Director of Operations.
* Maintain availability during disaster situations or mass casualty incidents and assist in any capacity needed.
* Attend scheduled meetings as required by the Operation Manager or Director of Operations.
* Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.)
* Responsible for supervising, directing and developing subordinates, including completing performance reviews, counseling sessions, corrective actions, etc
* Assist CES as needed to remediate or clear employees to independent duty.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining department budgets.
* Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
* Direct AMR resources during mass casualty/disaster operations.
* Perform other duties as directed by Operations Manager or General Manager.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties as required.
High school diploma or GED. Three years EMT or Paramedic field experience and past FTO/FTI experience preferred. Current certifications as an EMT or Paramedic in AZ required. Must be able to function as a field Paramedic or EMT performing direct BLS or ALS patient care activities. Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Some advanced education preferred. Microsoft office experience. Maintain effective communication skills with co-workers, patients, family, and the personnel of base station hospitals and interacting agencies. Thorough knowledge of system status management. Plan and organize supervisory responsibilities. Supervise assigned staff effectively, including, the selection of personnel, evaluating performance and resolving problems as needed. Effective oral and written and Interpersonal communication skills.
Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, boredom, patient care MCI s, high call volume, life and death situations.
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, intense tasks.
Occasionally: Confined areas, extreme hot and cold, wet and/or humid conditions, noise, vibration, mechanical and electrical equipment, moving objects, high places, fumes/odors/mists, dirt and dust, gasses, toxic conditions, human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue
Frequently: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact, inside
and outside temperature changes.
Constantly: Shift work, extended day.
Occasionally: Clerical, memorization, and higher math skills.
Frequently: Simple and complex reading and writing, simple math skills.
Constantly: Analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving, judgment, reasoning, and decision making.
Occasionally: Gurney, wheelchair, digital paging terminal, computer tape drive units, IV supplies, bandaging, medications, monitor/defibrillator, radio, suction, equipment, airway equipment/airway bag, disposable supplies, durable equipment, trauma bag/box, facsimile, telephone headset, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3 hole punch, stamping, sharpener, television monitor, kitchen appliances, hose, vacuum cleaner, maintenance tool equipment, cleaning equipment/supplies, protection devices and clothing, security monitors, hand and electrical tools.
Frequently: Maps, voice recorder tape system, computer/typewriter, keyboard,
Constantly: Telephone, Cell Phone, Radio
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.