RMS Electrical Engineering Intern 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Minimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Entry-Level (0+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.3 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement.
Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
The Facilities Electrical Engineer Intern candidate will be responsible for:
* Review of the 115kv to 12.8 kV Maxim substation. Make recommendations for:
* Tap changer adjustment to allow operating two transformers in parallel during switching load from one transformer to the other.
* Maintenance of substation components.
* Work with Controls Engineer, Plant Electrician and Integrator to complete the auto switching Sequence of Operation (SOO) for the substation
* Work with Controls Engineer to connect the substation power monitoring system to our SCADA system
* Review data available through plant power monitoring systems and publish loading reports.
* Review and update 12.8kV site feeder diagram.
* Review operating of various stand-alone control systems and provide summary instructions to aid Facilities Operations. Systems include humidifier controller, kitchen exhaust fan/make up air unit controller.
Miscellaneous control system PLC programming/troubleshooting upgrading projects
Working towards a Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power distribution. Cumulative GPA 3.5 or higher.
Must be quality and safety oriented.
Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading and understanding the English language
Good computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in ACAD, EXCEL, WORD, Power Point, and MS Project.
Must have good people skills, be able to multi-task and enjoy working in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Percentage of Travel
0% - 10%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer