RN-NICU (FT Nights 7p-7a)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/12/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONProvides direct patient care in the neonatal intensive care unit. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in neonate's clinical condition including homodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Participates. Provides service to ages of neonate and adult. Additional functions applicable when acting as charge nurses: Authority to make patient care assignments based upon the skill, experience, and temperament of other nursing personnel and on the acuity of the patients, ensuring patient and staff safety, assist in evaluation of unit and agency staff. To responsibly direct and precept staff members as needed in all aspects of patient care and management. To participate I quality improvement during all phases from planning to implementing and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties.
* Current state Registered Nurse license.
* Certification in Neonatal IV Therapy within six months after hire.
* Basic neonatal cardiac monitoring within six months after hire.
* Current BLS certification.
* Certification for Neonatal Resuscitation Program within six months after hire.
* Certification for STABLE Program within six months after hire.
* Complete NICU orientation course.
* Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Primary Location: Texas-Odessa
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: 12 Hour Nights