RN Progressive Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08158-9833
Nights (rotating weekends)
The Progressive Care Unit is a 6 bed unit that provides intermediate level inpatient care to adult and geriatric patients. All beds have telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the MD. Mechanisms are in place to monitor patients in transport and during procedures in ancillary departments. One negative pressure room is available for those patients whose condition requires respiratory isolation. PCU is designed for patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the critical care units, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units.
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Full Time Days (7p-7a)
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient s care which results in patient harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
* Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
* Other duties as assigned.
A. CORE COMPETENCIES:
* SERVICE: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
* QUALITY/ETHICS/INTEGRITY: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
* RELATIONSHIPS: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
* ADAPTABILITY: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. JOB SPECIFIC: As defined in department specific comp
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
* State of Georgia RN License required
* BLS AHA Healthcare Provider
* ACLS required within 30 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician s orders
* Knowledge of universal precautions
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
* Basic arrhythmia test recognition have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 88% passing score
Last Edited: 12/04/2017