RN / Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit - Part Time - Nights 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
RN / Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit - Part Time - Nights
Nurses - Acute
ProMedica - ProMedica Bixby Hospital (BH) - Bixby Medical Center - Critical Care Unit (6120)
Adrian, MI 49221 US (Primary)
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. Which is why, at ProMedica Bixby Hospital, we don't just treat patients; we treat them, and their families, with respect. In fact, we've been doing so for 100 years. We focus on bringing you excellent care, impeccable service and a compassionate ear. And we're a critical access point to extensive care throughout the entire ProMedica system. ProMedica Bixby Hospital is located in Adrian, Mich. We are an 88-bed, full-service acute-care hospital that never rests. Dedicated to serving our community, we have more than 120 active doctors working rigorously to meet the needs of our patients and their families. We are seeking an RN with a desire to grow and work together as a team to provide excellent patient care through reliable and dedicated service.
Position Summary: Provides professional nursing care appropriate to the age of the patients being served. Participates in patient/family teaching and provides leadership by working collaboratively with physicians and ancillary health care personnel. Communicates patient information in a complete, accurate manner while maintaining confidentiality. Maintains and improves personal and professional learning and development through literature, seminars, workshops, and affiliations.
* Current State of Michigan license as a Registered Nurse.
* Current BCLS.
* ACLS required within one year of hire for CCU staff.
* Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner.
* Ability to function in a team environment.
* Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment.
* Ability to critique own daily practice for error and pursue corrective action.
* Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas.
* Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient.
* Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety standards.
* Attends 80 % of unit staff meetings; reads minutes of staff meetings; actively participates in unit problem identification and resolution.
* Facilitates continuity of care through flexible scheduling and willingness to work additional shifts when needed.
* Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
* Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details