RN / Registered Nurse - Transitional Care Unit - Full Time - Nights 10/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
RN / Registered Nurse - Transitional Care Unit - Full Time - Nights
Nurses - Acute
ProMedica - ProMedica Toledo Hospital (TH) - Toledo Hospital (C) - Subacute Care Unit (6049)
Toledo, OH 43606 US (Primary)
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
RNs play a vital role in the collaboration and implementation of the continuum of care for their patients. It is never the same each day in terms of patient interaction and scope of treatments. This position is ideal for candidates that want to use their critical thinking and problem solving skills to make a true difference in their patient s health and well-being.
Job Roles & Essential Functions
* Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (i.e.: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the departmental standards.
* Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patient s plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
* Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for all patients and their families.
* Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent infections.
* Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all aspects of care.
* Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge needs.
* Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and demonstrates appropriate follow-through.
* Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient confidentiality.
* Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual competencies.
* Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to the growth of others.
Please check out the video, "Nursing at ProMedica": Click Here . Job Requirements
* Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
* Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
* Current State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse.
* Medium - lifting 50 lbs. maximum, with frequent lifting / carrying of up to 25 lbs.
* Frequent prolonged standing / walking.
* Lifts, positions, pushes or transfers patients.
* Must be able to read and speak the English language.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details