Road Mechanic 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 2/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Pump & Power Road Mechanic 1 prevents and corrects equipment malfunctions at the customer job site for all types of equipment (e.g., mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment), including diagnosing complex equipment problems while following all safety rules. Acts as a professional representative of Sunbelt Rentals with the customer.
Pump & Power Services is a Specialty Business within Sunbelt Rentals offering Large Pumps, Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Services and oversees repairs of all types of equipment to ensure proper working condition at the job site
* Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field
* Performs safety inspections on equipment
* Maintains a safe shop work environment and company vehicle
* Effectively communicates equipment issues with customers and supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction
* Performs other duties assigned as assigned by the manager
* Adheres to all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
* Attends and participates in all Profit Center Meetings
* 4+ years experience as mechanic with Diesel equipment
* Power Generation Equipment desirable
* Trade school or Technical training desirable
* MUST have own tools
* DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
* Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety and a high level of safety consciousness
* Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
* Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
* Must have a valid driver s license and acceptable driving record
* On a daily basis, position requires driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
* Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions on job sites
* Night / Weekend On-Call work required
* The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
GEAR UP FOR AN EXCITING CAREER!