Sales Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/27/2018
Harris Computer Systems
Baton Rouge, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Job Location US-AL | US-MS | US-LA
Posted Date 3 months ago(10/11/2017 6:51 PM)
Sales & Marketing
Percent of Travel Required
The Regional Account Executive is responsible for aligning sales activities with the goals of JailTracker by aggressively prospecting, developing and managing new business to drive revenue. As a Regional Account Executive you will be highly engaged in business development by converting prospective clients into customers, maintaining relationships of existing customers and developing client/partner referrals. The ideal candidate will work remotely/virtually and be based in either Mississippi, Alabama, or Louisiana and will be responsible for sales in AL/MS/LA.
Key responsibilities include:
* Generating new business and fostering relationships with current clients.
* Ensuring sales metrics are exceeded and well documented.
* Collaborating with team members and leaders to improve the customer experience.
* Mastering the product portfolio in order to articulate value via presentations and proposals, ensuring that solutions and services are aligned to client needs.
* Communicating, liaising, and negotiating internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships to effectively close business.
* Resolving prospective client concerns and inquiries throughout the sales process to promote a positive customer experience.
Specific deliverables include:
* Plan and manage a sales territory according to an agreed upon sales strategy.
* Create a comprehensive annual Sales Strategy through four key areas:
* Continually gather and analyze market data and industry trends
* Consistently develop comprehensive competitor knowledge
* Create and refine value messaging for products based on circumstances within each territory
* Define specific methods for delivering value messaging within each market.
* Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales especially managing personal time and productivity to consistently meet annual sales goals.
* Attend and present at external customer meetings, and internal company functions, to aid business development.
* Present basic software features and functions in congruence to individual customer s areas of focus and priorities.
* Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
* Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods in order to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
* Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
* Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, conferences and tradeshows.
* Respond to and follow up on sales inquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
* Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
* Display consistent desire to learn; seek professional growth opportunities; continually embrace techniques regularly presented in Harris PSSG Sales U site within Harris SharePoint.
* Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
* Bachelor s degree strongly preferred; MBA a plus
* Minimum of 3 years software sales experience; customer facing experience with state or local governments/Public Sector; experience in public safety software or related industry preferred
* Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota and developing and managing a consistent sales pipeline.
* Understanding of government agency multi-process sales cycles preferred
* Ability to travel a minimum of 75% of the work week on average in respective regional territory; valid driver s license with acceptable driving record required.
* Comfortable presenting software in front of executives, supervisors and end users
* Superior oral, written and presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially effective listening and customer orientation mastery
* Adaptable and responsive to innovation and change, identifying areas for improvement, to support business success
* Demonstrates personal accountability, excellence and integrity
* Results driven professional with the ability to work well and deliver under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Organized, detail and task oriented; excellent follow-up skills
* Creative problem solver, able to quickly resolve issues and negotiate any challenges that occur with customers
* Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Caliber Justice is a leading provider of software for the offender management and jail management markets. The JailTracker solution is a highly specialized product offering empowering correctional staff and administrators to interact with accurate, real-time information and advanced situational command and control.
Caliber Justice is a business unit of Harris Computer Systems, which is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.