Sales Account Manager - Turf Fungicide 9/19/2017
North Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Petro-Canada America Lubricants Inc. is currently seeking a CIVITAS Turf Defense Sales Account Manager for our Plant Science portfolio within the Petro-Canada America Lubricants business (www.civitasturf.com). The role reports directly to the Director of Lawn Care and Agricultural Sales. The CIVITAS Turf Defense Sales Account Manager will be responsible for gaining new sales accounts in the California and Pacific Northwest specialized golf turf management industry, ensuring efficient and profitable execution of our lawn care strategy. CIVITAS Turf Defense is a newly EPA and DPR approved fungicide and plant defense activator targeting the Pacific Coast region, including California. The product is labelled for both golf and sports field turf applications. The plant defense activation category is a new and very promising category within the professional turf market that leverages a plant's natural defense systems to deal with both abiotic and biotic stresses. In addition, CIVITAS Turf Defense is an OMRI listed product providing turf mangers with an effective alternative to managing traditional pests and turfgrass stresses.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Identify and target potential new specialty distributors (i.e. turf management distributors) and develop appropriate account plans
* Work closely with our specialty distributor network to identify potential new customers (i.e. golf courses and sports fields) and develop appropriate account plans
* Maintain, train and continue to develop existing specialty distributor relationships
* Evaluate distributor performance and create action plans to achieve sales plan targets
* Build awareness, credibility and excitement for product launches and accelerate customer product adoption in new markets
* Liaise and influence key external partners, such as associations and municipalities
* Develop other growth areas, like product line expansion, new applications, etc.
* Learn and operate within the parameters of the account-based sales process
* Service acquired accounts with a high level of customer service
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
Experience with Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Turf Management practices in golf or sports turf management. Experience selling through a multi-line distributor network is considered an asset.
Three or more years of business-to-business sales in a turf-related business is preferred
A minimum of a HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor degree in science, agriculture, engineering or business; continued education in turf management is preferred. A CGCS designation with golf course superintendent experience are an asset.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
* Pest Control Adviser (PCA) / Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) license, as required by the state of California. Successful candidate will be required to pursue, obtain and maintain these licensed designations.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Working knowledge of turf management and turf management practices
* Familiarity with the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) and California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) are considered assets
* Exceptional sales and business development aptitude
* Strong influencing and communication skills, with an ability to deal effectively with senior management customers
* Ability to quickly understand competitive products/science and how they complement a golf course's turf management program
* You will spend 50% of your time in your home-office and 50% in the field developing new business
* The following territory states must be supported in an efficient and economical manner: California, Washington State, Oregon Arizona and Nevada
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
ABOUT HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Join Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER PROHIBITED GROUND OF DISCRIMINATION.