Sales Application Engineer - GET Program 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
The GET Program
The GET program is a world-class, 14.5 week training program designed to enhance Sales Engineers' technical skills as \\"System Solution Providers\\". This cohort model training program is offered at Daikin Applied's headquarters in Plymouth, MN. The program is specifically designed for new graduate engineers. The program focuses on technical training, soft skills training and additional skills needed to be successful in a sales office.
The GET program's curriculum includes:
- Daily lessons
- Guest speakers
In order to maximize learning objectives, weekly exams are given, and the participants' final grade and class rank will be reported to his/her hiring manager. The program's curriculum meets the learning outcome requirements of IACET certification; therefore, certifications are held under the Daikin Applied Learning Institute.
The program begins Monday July 10th and is completed the middle of October.
Provide technical expertise on company products to sales representatives in the selection and application of business unit products to fulfill specific field requirements. Provide strategies on how to position the product to effectively compete in the marketplace. Interact with customers to effectively demonstrate value of company product lines. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide prompt, accurate support to sales representative inquiries regarding special applications, systems or pricing
- Processes requests for modifications or options and other general information not covered by published pricing
- Keeps informed on new products and competitive models in the market place
- Communicates suggested modifications to the company's products/services to meet customer requirements. Communicates and provides feedback to product management for product services requirements not met by current product line
- Assist with writing or providing input to in preparing technical literature for internal and field application
- Participates in product training of sales representatives and customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related disciple required, ideally mechanical, electrical or aeronautics
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Math ability -- ability to calculate figures or amounts and basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated example of taking initiative with a solid work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.