Sales Engineer - Power Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSales Engineer - Power Solutions
Location: Waukesha, WI or Remote in MI, IL or Southeastern WI.
Clarke Energy, a KOHLER company, is a multinational specialist in the engineering, installation and maintenance of reciprocating gas engine based power plants. Our offering ranges from the supply of a gas engine powered generator, through to the turn-key installation of a multi-engine power plant. Our facilities deliver fuel efficiency and help reduce carbon emissions. Applications include combined heat and power (CHP) with natural gas, biogas, landfill gas, coal gas, and greenhouse applications. Clarke Energy is the largest authorized distributor and service provider for GE s reciprocating gas engine powered generators. Please consider joining Clarke Energy in the role of Sales Engineer.
The Sales Engineer will work to achieve Sales Department targets and maximize opportunities on behalf of the company as well as provide marketing support as needed. The position will collaborate with engineers, developers and customers to develop a commercially and technically competitive solution that satisfies their requirements whilst demonstrating our core values.
* Sales Focus - Meet with prospective and existing customers to
* promote and build understanding of the Clarke Energy offer, and how this differentiates the Company from its competitors.
* understand differing customer requirements, responding appropriately.
* establish strong relationships in order to become a valued technical resource to the customer.
* assist in the closing of the order in a profitable manner with acceptable conditions of contract.
* Respond to all customer inquiries, ensuring that responses are accurate and timely.
* Manage the preparation of customer focused technical and commercial quotations, feasibility reports and other documentation, liaising and working with other internal functions as necessary.
* Seek opportunities to generate sales opportunities from own research and contacts.
* Manage, organize and update customer records electronically and in hard copy files in the format required by internal processes.
* Undertake research and provide market, competitor and regulatory feedback to the Marketing function.
* Provide input to the order forecast, budget and sales and marketing plan.
* Attend conferences and exhibitions when required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program is highly preferred
* Detailed level of engineering knowledge and applications for engine power generation is preferred
* In-depth understanding of the sales process as applied to high value engineering projects
* Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships, both within and outside the company
* Excellent presentation skills and negotiation skills
* Good level of commercial acumen- able to deliver in company interest
* Determination and resilience under pressure
* Good analytical skills
* Willingness to work as part of a team
* Ability to organize and manage work and time effectively
* Good level of attention to detail careful and accurate
This position will require 50% of overnight travel. The Sales Engineer will support 6 states in the Midwest and will be spending every other week in the field.
It is Kohler s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.