This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
National Technical Systems
Santa Clarita, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNTS JOB OPPORTUNITIES
"At NTS we believe our success comes from enduring, value-added relationships with our clients and our employees. We believe that the utilization of best practices delivered by a motivated and prepared workforce will allow us to provide awesome customer service and achieve the financial success all of our stakeholders deserve. "
NTS is constantly looking for the best technical talent for positions at our offices and laboratories located throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Asia. The NTS culture is one that treats each employee as a key part of the puzzle that makes us who we are.
Start today! Use our Job Search feature below to review current openings and submit your resume today. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to speaking with you!
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through the NTS Jobs Opportunities page, please email us. No other requests will be acknowledged. EEO M/F/D/V
JOB OPENING - SALES ENGINEER
Reference ID: SCAE2017
Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Position Type: Permanent
NTS is seeking a Mechanical Test Engineer, preferably with dynamics, climatic or fluids experience to work in the capacity of an Applications Engineer, providing engineering support to Sales and Operations by assisting in the day-to-day quoting process for proposals/quotations and bids for testing services to new and existing customers. In lieu of dynamics, climatic or fluids experience we are willing to accept a BSME (Mechanical Engineering Degree) with hydraulics, fluid flow or materials testing experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assists in the day-to-day overall quoting process and assures the quotations are accurate and complete and delivered on time.
* Assists other Application Engineers as may be required.
* Develops and writes quotations for new and existing accounts.
* Optimizes price on quotations by setting the most appropriate strategies for a particular situation with the goal of positioning NTS to win the work.
* Communicate with the customers during the quoting process concerning technical issues, schedule and pricing.
* Works in cooperation with facility managers, regional sales managers, and customer service agents, toward setting appropriate winning strategies on quotations.
* Answers technical questions from Sales personnel and potential clients.
* Maintains a current awareness of the business objectives, unique strengths/ competitive advantages and current capacity utilization for each type of service provided by focused facilities/markets.
* Maintains current and on-going information regarding the capabilities and business climate of our competitors.
* Develops a keen understanding and on-going awareness of all aspects of the external environment affecting our business. In addition to the competition, this includes the economic and regulatory environments, supplier information, labor market conditions, and the industry/market trends for the various segments we serve and services NTS offers.
* Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of all NTS services.
* Maintains a good working knowledge of the test methods that are utilized in the industry.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned.
* Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and be able to pass an extensive background check.
* Bachelor of Science Degree, with a minimum of 2+ years of mechanical testing experience (hydraulic, material, fluid flow, dynamics, climatic or fluids) OR we will consider 5 years of mechanical testing experience (hydraulic, material, fluid flow, dynamics, climatic or fluids) in lieu of a degree.
* Past program management experience OR experience providing engineering support to sales personnel.
* Strong customer interface skills are a must.
* Strong understanding in quoting, pricing and negotiating skills to provide the best return and value for the company and our customer.
* A good working knowledge of test methods and standards that are utilized in the industry.
* Strong communication and documentation and presentation skills.
* Excellent teamwork & interpersonal skills are a must.
* Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment and with limited direction from management.
* Strong computer literacy with knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and ERP Systems.
* Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
* Experience with costing and quoting for mechanical testing desired
* Working knowledge of Military and Commercial Specifications desired
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions. This policy applies to all personnel actions including hiring, promotions, compensation, training, layoffs, recalls, and terminations. EEO M/F/D/V