Sales Engineer 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Sales Engineers are responsible for ensuring that they provide optimal equipment for a particular setting without creating wasteful overruns for the customer, while also ensuring that the recommendations meet the needs of the building/project.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Calls on management representatives such as facilities managers, engineers, project managers, and other professional and technical personnel at construction, commercial, industrial and other establishments to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products and services offered
* Travels throughout entire assigned sales region to call on existing and new customers to understand needs and solicit orders
* Prospects, identifies and qualifies future customers in person, over the phone and arranges scheduled binder presentations to establish new accounts
* Negotiates contracts with customers for the rental and sale of Topp Portable Air product/services and closed the deal
* Develops and exploits new and existing markets to increase revenue. Cultivates territory by cold calling on targeted customer base and follows up on company generated leads
* Effective communication must be demonstrated as both written, verbal skills and dealing and closing skills are important to the success of this position
* Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates
* Tracks bid results and reviews monthly rentals and sales of equipment to provide feedback as to the overall success and effectiveness to Regional Manager
* Effectively maintains and updates contact through ACT! database
* Identifies customer needs and prepares a proposal and presentation of our services that will partner with the customer to meet their needs
* Is available for after-hour and emergency calls on evenings and weekends via company provided Nextel phone.
* Coordinates with Regional Manager when not available to maintain effective customer coverage
* Supports service by participating in delivering and installing equipment for our customers (as needed)
* Learns all technical aspects of equipment, function and appropriate applications
* Provides technical service and training to customers relating to use, operation and maintenance of equipment
* Assists the billing department to help secure customer payment for sales
* Occasional overnight travel or irregular work schedule at certain times of the year (as needed)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* This position requires a strong technical or mechanical background along with the ability to learn engineering concepts. Also required is the maintenance of a driving record free from points or tickets.
* Passes Fundamentals of Air Conditioning Technical and Sales test with a 90% score or better
* A four year college level degree is preferred for this position or one to two years of experience in the sales/service industry.
GEAR UP FOR AN EXCITING CAREER!
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran