This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 1/26/2018
Highgate Hotels, LP
Key West, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. This is a training position designed to develop individuals into Level II Sales Managers.
* Attend daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting.
* Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
* Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
* Meet or exceed set goals.
* Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
* Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
* Initiate and follow up on leads.
* Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
* Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
* Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
* Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
* Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
* Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
* Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
* Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
* Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
* Use your property s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
* Meet and greet onsite contacts.
* Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
* Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
* Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
* Entertain clients.
* Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
* Must have knowledge in all areas of banquet and event etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
* Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy requiring excellent time management skills and self motivation
* Solicit and respond to companies, clients to purchase food & beverage, rent meeting and event space
* Coordinate the prompt, coureteous and efficient deliveryof those products to satisfy teh customers service needs and maximize the hotels profits
* Draft proposals and contracts
* Respond to customer inquireies as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set up and execution
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.