Sales Manager, Power, RF & Analog 9/19/2017
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sales Manager, Power, RF & Analog
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Directs and manages the overall global sales and marketing functions for Cobham Semiconductor Solutions Power, RF and Analog products out of our Plainview NY facility. Work directly with the Business Area Leads to develop sales & marketing strategies, identify new markets, develops and manages the marketing and sales force, and is responsible for developing and achieving sales objectives in support of the Semiconductor Solutions Plainview NY revenue plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the overall worldwide marketing and sales of products and services for Cobham Semiconductor Solutions Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Senior Management Team Member: As a member of the senior management team, assists in developing short and long term business plans and objectives. Participates in weekly staff meetings, monthly Budget and Business Reviews, bimonthly Strategic Initiatives, and other special meetings as required. Participates in decision making for Company plans, policies and procedures. Represents Company at various conferences and events, including CSME, GOMAC, HEART, SPWG, NSREC, RADECS and RHET.
* Sales Planning and Forecasting: Develops and submits weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual bookings and billings plans. Generates and works with each RSM/FAE/ISR to develop short term and long term objectives with the intention of supporting key campaigns and growing our business. Tracks performance to plan and provides weekly, monthly, quarterly, and special reports as required. Submits as needed Major Opportunity report updates. Develops and submits quarterly bookings Guidance View and Short Term Forecast. Conducts monthly bookings and billings reconciliation with each team member.
* Sales Team Management: Develops annual Regional Sales Manager (RSM) bookings and billings plan, including mid-year updates as required. Conducts annual sales meeting. Establishes, evaluates, and updates on a quarterly and annual basis RSM MBOs. On a quarterly basis, develops and evaluates the Field Application Engineer (FAE) activity tracking compensation. Develops implements and manages the Sales Compensation Plan to include quarterly evaluation and approval of RSM bookings and billings compensation, evaluation of MBO compensation, and compensation for FAE activities. Manages design-in splits for RSMs and sales representatives.
* Intermediary Management: Identifies requirements for Intermediaries (Advisors & Resellers). Supports the hiring, evaluates performance, terminates and replaces Intermediaries as needed. Negotiates and manages Advisors commissions. Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating, and adjusting Intermediaries agreements.
* Sales Compensation Management: Helps set team and individual sales targets and modifies according to plan. Reviews and approves RSM/FAE quarterly sales compensation payments. Reviews and approves monthly domestic and international Sales Advisors commission payments.
* Sales and Marketing Department Management: Supports the monthly product line conference calls with Business Area Leads or Product Line Managers, marketing and sales personnel. Responsible for budgeting, including annual planning and mid-year updates.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Functional responsibility to the Business Area Leads or Product Line Managers
* Supporting all products represented in Plainview NY Semiconductor Solutions.
* Direct contact supporting proposal activity with Proposal Managers, functioning as the Capture Manager/ voice of the customer with a goal of providing winning proposals.
* Supporting customer service representatives and ISR s to satisfy customer needs, meeting 100% customer satisfaction.
* Communicating and supporting Program Managers on Custom Programs, with the intention of focusing on customer needs.
* When requested, represent Business Area Leads or Product Marketing Managers for product updates, key campaigns & sales training.
* Represent company leadership at special community functions.
* Travel required approximately 30% - 50% of the time, 16 - 25 weeks per year, international and domestic.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline. MS/MBA preferred.
* Position requires 7 years of experience in Power, RF & Linear semiconductor marketing and sales management.
* Experience in board level and box level Custom Power design preferred.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder ) Political Asylee, or Refugee.