Sales Representative - A&H
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/19/2017
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NOW Job Snapshot
CATEGORY: Agency Sales/Marketing
POSTING ID: 2468/1409/11531
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified
Thinking about your next step in elevating your sales career* Do you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement* Do you thrive in a performance driven culture where your results are directly rewarded*
National General Insurance Company is recognized for our experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and world class sales team.
NATIONAL GENERAL\'S A&H SALES TEAM IS GROWING! WE ARE SEARCHING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC, MOTIVATED, AND HARDWORKING SALES REPRESENTATIVE TO JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM IN MILWAUKEE, WI AREA OFFICE. OUR FIRST YEAR SALES REPS EARN AN AVERAGE OF $75,000-$100,000 PER YEAR WITH A SOLID BASE SALARY, FULL BENEFITS AND UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS. WE ARE A SALES TEAM THAT RECRUITS, TRAINS AND WORKS WITH INDEPENDENT AGENTS WHO ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW AND INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS TO OFFER THEIR SMALL BUSINESS CUSTOMERS.
PRIOR SALES EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. Having the motivation and passion for being a successful salesperson is a must! We offer in-depth training and coaching that will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful. Training covers the overall Accident and Health insurance industry; National General Products and Systems; and proven sales techniques to empower you for success. Don't have your Accident and Health Insurance License* Not a problem...part of your training includes getting you licensed!
What makes National General Insurance unique*
* Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers.
* Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture
* Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing
* Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential
* Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team!
* Internal advancement opportunities - grow with us!
* Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Atlantis in 2018)
Responsible for generating a predetermined sales volume through a network of licensed agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Accountable for making sales calls to targeted life and health agents
* Actively utilize the Orion sales tracking system to validate and record sales calls, quotes, and recruited agents
* Prospect and generate Small Group new business proposals
* Evaluate agent performance and continually recruit agents as replacements or additions to agent organization
* Identify potential agents from referrals, references or industry listings
* Provide guidance to agents in developing selling strategies to obtain new and retain existing business
* Provide guidance to agents regarding perceived problems with claims processing, underwriting, rate increases, and company decisions impacting an agent's clients
* Provide timely communication to agents on product offerings, network changes, rate changes and plan designs
* Work with District Manager to resolve unusually difficult issues such as specific rate increases which require research of competitive rates or clarification of client requirements to identify optimal recommendations
* Incumbent will be required to obtain a Life/A&H license in state of residence and any other state that the incumbent conducts business, which should be completed within 60 days of receiving approval from the resident state; however, we recognize that in some states the licensing process may take longer
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 2 years of sales related experience
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and self-motivation
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Strong time management skills
* Must be able and willing to travel
* Ability to keep confidential information secured
* Health insurance industry business experience.
* Variety of computer software knowledge related to job
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.