This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/12/2018
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Learns the sales process by assisting the District Sales Manager in managing sales in order to achieve volume and revenue goals and provides customer support for assigned customers within the region.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Assist the District Sales Managers in administrative duties as they relate to assigned customers including credits, collections, claims, reporting and negotiating credits.
* Observe sales process by participating in weekly pricing and volume negotiations with assigned customers.
* Maintain daily contact with customers/carriers to respond to their issues and problems to keep positive customer relationships.
* Prepare sales presentations on weekly market checks / quality reports of Dole bananas and pineapples, market conditions and the competition.
* Learn to plan and estimate customer s volume/price requirements for 3 week estimates.
* Assist in retail store audits according to the established schedule.
* Order point of sale materials.
* Participate in new store openings, promotions, food shows and customer events.
* Learn to manage the customers web-based order entry systems (i.e. iTrade, Foodlink, OneWorld, etc.)
* Assist the District Sales Managers by entering Requests for Credit (RFC)/Requests for Debit (RFD) for assigned accounts and collect overdue accounts.
* Learn to create sales orders for customers, assign carriers, and manage daily changes.
* Responsible for calling accounts for pre-orders.
* Collaborate with the District Sales Managers in the development of customer's category management projects.
* Responsible for proper pricing on invoices.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic knowledge of Dole s products, customers and industry.
* Analytical skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
* Planning and organizational skills
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Customer focus
* Functional Knowledge
* Requires basic knowledge of the industry and sales environment; uses knowledge in a non-complex sales environment
* Business Acumen
* Understands the organisation s strategy, selling model and financial performance objectives
* Problem Solving
* Follows existing procedures and established sales processes to sell standard products/ services
* Works independently or as part of a team within an assigned area or account base on small to moderately-sized accounts/opportunities with limited complexity
* Achieves training target in a transactional sales process within an assigned portfolio of customers
* Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
* Articulates the strengths and limitations of assigned products/services and competitor products. Trains to explain basic product/service information, ensures customer understanding and reacts to customers intent to buy
* Product/Service Expertise
* Requires awareness of the range of products/services that the organization sells
* Territory/Account Complexity
* Trains within an assigned territory/account base; may work independently and partner with other sales professionals;
* Sales Process
* Executes a basic sales process, focusing on transaction selling
* Relies on standardized process
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Accounting, Quality, Ports, Transportation, Warehousing and Technical Services departments
External: Retail and wholesale customers
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing or Agriculture is a plus.
No prior sales experience is required.
Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and reach overhead.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* Standard office hours apply with overtime as required.
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.