San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 103136
Location: San Diego, CA
The Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling of regular and overtime shifts for full and part-time EMTs, Paramedics and Nurses in accordance with AMR Policy and applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement(s). The position also monitors and edits timekeeping records for all non-exempt employees, processes hours worked, and, where necessary, provides Payroll with required reports and hours worked in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Management and oversight over all daily and biweekly schedules for the Operations.
* Create shifts and assignments where needed, maintain schedule on Telestaff, modify daily schedule as needed, which includes notifying and communicating with employees re shift assignments.
* Review and verify employee hours for accuracy. Assist in recording and maintaining employee attendance records/files and payroll functions.
* Prepare and compile various periodic reports and documents for review and analysis. These may include weekly payroll stats, personnel stats, absence reports, over time tracking and other related reports.
* Maintain vacation schedules, shift exchanges, shift giveaway requirements, etc.
* Maintains the daily EMT, Paramedic and Nurse availability lists
* Tracks field employee attendance and punctuality data
* Schedules PTO and various leaves of absences
* Coordinate and schedule EMT student ride longs
* Receives and documents all day change/vacation request forms
* Contacts Operations Supervisors and appropriate members of management with status of daily staffing needs and complications
* Verifies PTO balances and processes PTO requests
* Verify employee punches in the Kronos system, posting corrections to the system based on review
* Schedule standbys and special event staffing
* Assist Operations staff in research of employee pay information
* Assist employees in resolution of Timekeeping issues
* Maintains positive, professional, productive relationships with all levels of staff ensuring the company s interests are properly represented at all times
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software programs
* Ability to work under time constraints with accuracy
* Scheduling or related experience
* Ability to perform mathematical and statistical calculations
* Working knowledge and experience in staffing/scheduling within a high performance EMS system preferred
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
EOE including Veterans and Disabled