Scientific Advisor 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR
Job Location US-MA-Boston
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that our customers can move ahead with confidence. With more than 45 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what s next, so it can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company s EXPERT technology platform, ERT s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement, and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Over the past four years, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, Biotechs, and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 9,500+ studies spanning three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly and with confidence. For more information, go to ert.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
ERT is hiring a Scientific Advisor. This person will be a member of a team of accomplished scientists and technologists, the Scientific Advisor provides scientific guidance and analysis to the Sales, Marketing, Consulting Services and Client Services functions in a software company that creates electronic data collection systems for clinical trials.
* Review clinical protocols from prospective customers;
* Plan the data collection design;
* Determine the project complexity;
* Write content for the Scope of Work;
* Prepare capability and proposal defense presentations; and
* Attend pre-sales customer presentations.
Consulting Services Support:
* Develop instrument and patient reported outcomes diary designs;
* Participate in concept elicitation, cognitive debriefing and usability testing;
* Prepare of study documents including centralized IRB submissions;
* Interview subjects;
* Coding and Analysis;
* Gap and Data Analysis;
* Prepare Reports;
* Acquire and maintain critical knowledge to support clients and ERT teams to maintain knowledge base regarding regulations and scientific advances that influence ERT services; and
* Participate in discussions on behalf of the client with instrument copywriters, regulatory authorities and other third parties.
* Contribute to product development decisions;
* Participate in presentations at professional forums;
* Participate in the preparation and review of publications; and
* Support projects which are designed to obtain marketing information.
Client Services Support:
* Assist project handoff from sales to services;
* Contribute to training of Client Services staff regarding diary design, scientific objectives of proposals, best practices; and
* Support Client Services at selected post sales customer meetings.
* Travel approximately 10% of time
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Education Minimum: Masters in a life science required, PhD is a plus
Required Skills and Experience:
* Minimum of 3 years experience in working with or managing clinical trials
* Familiarity with the drug development life cycle
* Fluency in both scientific and business concepts
* Polished presentation skills with an ability to engage the audience
* Skilled with MS Office and possessing general technology savvy
* Comfortable and fearless learning new computer programs.
* Enthusiasm for role of consultant
* Experience with Patient Reported Outcomes and electronic PROs is a big plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.