Scientist Engineer 9/16/2017
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS is seeking a Scientist Engineer to work in our Arlington, VA office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
The candidate will provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) support to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. The candidate is requested to support the Biological Technologies Office. Highly qualified candidates would have appropriate technical understanding in the following areas: molecular biology, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering.
Candidate must have a or be eligible for a security clearance sufficient to allow unsupervised entrance and work within the DARPA facility. Occasional travel of up to week s duration away from DARPA HQ, Arlington, VA, may be required.
* 4+ years of laboratory experience in bisulfite sequencing or Methseq array analysis, or equivalent experience in epigenetic bioinformatics.
* PhD in molecular biology, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, or other relevant field
* Each applicant should have a deep knowledge of emerging trends in DNA sequencing and ideally the candidate would have some knowledge or experience in clinical molecular diagnostic platform development, to include familiarity with the FDA medical device approval process (e.g., Device complexity, 510k, and PMA processes).
* Position will require interaction with epigenetics and molecular diagnostics world leaders in both industry and academia.
* Candidate must have or be eligible to hold a security clearance sufficient to allow unsupervised entrance and work within the DARPA facility.
* Postdoctoral or equivalent industry experience is desired.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.