SCO - Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/18/2017
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, US Baking Solutions and US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
This role will focus on our US Consumer Foods business unit and will support the roll out of activities across North America.
Intern, Supply Chain Optimization Consumer Foods will serve in a support function for the SCO team with particular focus on deep dive analysis of our supply chain metrics. The ARYTZA Supply Chain Optimization Intern will provide day-to-day support and analysis on all the major supply chain projects. The SCO Intern will collaborate with people and departments within the ARYZTA supply chain network to gain info, data and metrics needed to ensure efficient analysis and understanding of project needs and performance.
This position reports to the Director, Supply Chain Optimization, and plays a critical role in ensuring the design, analysis and administration of ARYTZA Supply Chain projects.
* Design and evaluate supply chain analysis of inventory and production levels and opportunities for improved optimization on a regular basis
* Create specific detailed analysis for major supply chain projects including throughput and waste efficiencies, fill rates, downtime and labour reporting and
* Monitor project schedules; proactively and consistently follow up on assignments to assure successful completion.
* Implementation and utilization of Network optimization software, SAP EAM, SAP PLM, development of staffing strategy to include HR play books, people scheduling program, training programs, compensation structure and innovative rewards
* Supports the implementation and compliance of the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) Policy, Warehouse Management (WM) Policy, Inventory Management (IM) Policy and Production Recording Policy
* Develop metrics, processes and policies to drive sustainability and adherence of implementations post go live
* Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key processes across the bakery, vendor and customer network.
* Calculation and analysis of resources needed to adhere to supply chain policies and rollout of standard manufacturing model to ensure future adherence.
* Provides direction for the strategic sourcing of raw materials and the strategic supply planning of finished goods in support of the business s strategic goals and cost effective network supply
* Provides support for setting strategic raw and finished good inventory metrics and monitors and reports inventory levels within the organization and the movement of product between locations to ensure overall inventory is at agreed strategic levels
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Bachelor s degree
* 1+ years of experience (desirable) in Sourcing, Purchasing, Supplier Development, S&OP and Supply Chain Management for a vertically integrated manufacturing company
* Extensive knowledge of supply chain modelling, optimization
* Strong business development skills
* Strong communication (oral & written) interpersonal skills across various levels including executive management
* High customer focus with the ability to drive for results
* Ability to solve problems by leveraging technical and analytical skills
* Develop collaborative and diverse relationships
* Ability to work as part of cross functional teams
* Experience using SAP ERP Supply Chain modules (PP, MM, PM, SD, LO, etc.)
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Los Angeles, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.