Scrum Product Owner - (San Diego, CA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/30/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Scrum Product Owner (San Diego, CA)
The Product Owner is the individual who champions the product, facilitates the product decisions, and has the final say about the product. Owns a specific software product speciality on behalf of the company, taking on many product management responsibilities including understanding the market, describing product functionality, and preparing the product launch.
* Working with teams to design and build industry-leading healthcare information technologies
* Working with multiple teams in a cross-functional environment to deliver quality functionality to clients
* Coordinating with Product Management, other Product Owners, and other stakeholders in the process to align with product vision
* Lead the planning and review activities for the teams, and ensure the right features are being developed
* Deliver game changing innovative products that deliver a better healthcare experience. Gather, distill, and synthesize product requirements. Ensure the end user voice is present throughout the product development lifecycle.
* Conduct various forms of research, included (but not limited to) contextual inquiries, usability studies, surveys, competitive analysis, and remote research. Partner with UI/UX design teams to create strategic solutions that balance user and business objectives.
* Executive level reporting and management of development status, issues, and escalations. Reach across the enterprise to build relationships and consensus that help the product and UX design effort succeed. Formulate, evolve and execute our go-to market product strategies
* Promote the product vision, and empower the customer value proposition internally and externally as business owner for the product, with responsibility for setting product direction and prioritization.
* Responsible and accountable for strategic direction, acquisition, innovation and creation, of our go-to market plans in our portfolio.
* Assist Product Development in the definition and review of business requirements for development projects, including scope definition and design.
* 5 plus years of experience in software product management
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or business degree
* Extensive experience as a product owner in a multi-team Agile/Scrum environment
* Hands-on software product development experience, from feature definition to product deployment
* Experience with the Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Confluence)
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes