SEASONAL PART-TIME HR SUPERVISOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
United Parcel Service, Inc
New Stanton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Part-time Human Resources Supervisor impacts the operation by administering and communicating H.R. policies, procedures and programs in several of the following areas: Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Safety, Compliance, etc. In addition the Part-time Supervisor may facilitate presentations or training as needed. The candidate may also assist in investigations and conduct research based on information requests from managers. He/She must work collaboratively with other members of the H.R. team and maintain a working knowledge of other roles in the function.
* Utilize formal interview skills to select best candidates for open positions
* Utilize formal and informal feedback from business management to drive human capital decisions and demonstrate measurable value to the organization
* Provide coaching to provide solutions on issues related to policy and procedures, employee discipline, retention, health and safety, separations, and investigations
* Promotes organizational change and cultural transformation to ensure the organization s strategic and tactical initiatives are effectively executed
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge base, consistent time management skills, and strong organizational skills to provide an effective consultative partnership with business management
* Develops effective tools to organize, prioritize, delegate, and create solutions to meet H.R. initiatives in a timely manner
* Promotes highly effective relationships with the service center, recruiting organizations, external customer and peers to share accountability and provide valued support for achieving business goals
* Utilizes H.R. tools to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement, and ensure legal compliance.
* Implements employee relations strategies to ensure UPS is able to attract and retain qualified employees and maintain a productive work climate
* Maintains current knowledge on employee relations topics to implement investigative methodology that is comprehensive and legally sound
* Ability to interact with employees on all levels
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Self-motivated and able to work with little supervisio
* Good conflict resolution skills, patience and listening skills
* Proficient in Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
* Prior H.R. knowledge - Preferred
* Prior facilitation experience - Preferred
* Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law Here.