Seasonal Personal Shopping Assistant 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
SEASONAL PERSONAL SHOPPING ASSISTANT
WHO WE\'RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl Minneapolis is looking for a dynamic individual as a Seasonal Personal Shopping Assistant to provide administrative support to the American Girl Personal Shoppers, as well as providing personalized service to customers. The individual we seek has high energy and a positive attitude, is highly organized with strong time-management skills, efficient, flexible, team-oriented, and strives to create a positive experience for the client and their family.
* Provide administrative support by initiating and responding to client communications, scheduling and preparing for appointments, and following up with client as needed.
* Assist on the sales floor as needed with personal shopping appointments; provide premium customer service by asking/answering questions, recording/resolving customer concerns, responding to special requests, assessing needs, and offering suggestions.
* Assist with the selling, booking, preparing and checking in guests for in-store special events and Bistro parties.
* Utilize Microsoft applications, including Outlook, to complete administrative duties.
* Keep up-to-date on product knowledge and services.
* Balances work tasks while supporting the Personal Shoppers individually.
Experience, Education & Skills
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* 1 - 2 years of retail sales and service experience, preferred. Previous experience in office administration a bonus.
* Must have strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Must have computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Demonstrated ability working with a broad and diverse work force and customer base, including working with children, preferred.
* Must be available to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and the classic historical character line BeForever . American Girl s mission is to help build girls of strong character a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys R Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo and Chapters in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer