Seasonal Stock Room Asociate 9/19/2017
Vera Bradley Designs Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for the timely flow of merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor and ensure that products are received and processed in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (NOTE: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Execute daily action plans agreed upon by the management team to ensure effective and consistent store operations
* Consistently model Vera Bradley s core values
* Ensure stockroom efficiency by timely and accurate receipt of product
* Organize and maintain the stockroom with the Store Manager , Assistant Manager, and Keyholders
* Execute daily, weekly, and monthly processes to ensure operational integrity
* Provide a clean, organized and inviting environment for both customers and associates
* Maintain an awareness of loss prevention
* Comply with all established company policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High School graduate preferred
* Prior retail experience strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Polite and professional
* Exceptional sales skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Proactive, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
* Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The environmental and physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
* Must be able to work with strong fragrances and scents in the form of eau de toilette, burning candles, bath and shower gel, body lotion, hand cream and bar soap throughout the work day.*
* Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
* Ability to consistently lift 35 lbs., occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Valid driver s license with good motor vehicle record, must be 21 years of age**
*Only applies to locations with fragrance.
**Only applies to locations with company-owned vehicles
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley's Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to applicationassistance@VeraBradley.com. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.