Secretary III - Regenerative Medicine 3/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Typically works in small practice group of 3 or less physicians. Performs varied clerical administrative duties under limited supervision.
May prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. May compose routine correspondence and memoranda. Screens telephone call and receives and directs visitors; and may resolve routine inquiries. May schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements. May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings. Maintains office supplies and tracks invoices for payment.
Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent. Assists in the routine departmental activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers telephones, troubleshoots and direct calls to the appropriate person in a professional manner.
2. Files, faxes, photocopies, screens and distributes mail and maintains department filing system.
3. Types various correspondence including letters, memos and various other department communications.
4. Maintains and updates office supplies and compiles data for routine reports.
5. Schedules and maintains department calendar including meeting with travel itineraries.
6. Reconciles budget and generates reports.
7. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information s needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
At least 5 years of previous secretarial experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. 40 WPM minimum typing requirement.
2. Proficient in intermediate word processing (MS Word).
3. Proficient in basic spreadsheet applications (MS Excel).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.