Engineering - FICC Commodities Strats - Associate/VP - NYC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 4/12/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
The Goldman Sachs Commodities business facilitates risk transfer and physical logistics for our clients: corporations that produce and consume commodities, investors, and governments throughout the world. We work with tangible assets: crude oil and products, precious and base metals, natural gas and power, agricultural products.
Do you enjoy:
Coding up thoughtful, well-designed infrastructure
Tinkering with models, seeing response and failure
Tracking problems with practical approximations in short timescales
The Strats approach attacks real-time problems via rigorous technology, quantitative modeling, and data science. The role is commercial and innovative taking solutions to drive PNL, risk taking, and risk management. We have the future to build and need inquisitive, dynamic minds.
Success for our clients is achieving their desired risk profile so they can focus on their operational strengths. Success for Goldman Sachs is faster and more accurate pricing for clients, on a wider variety of their asks their platform of choice.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Goldman Sachs Commodities Strats role is a unique opportunity to press these daily:
* You will develop optimization algorithms for shipping and warehousing logistics Amazon Prime at the wholesale level
* You will model the physical networks like the topology of the power grid Kirchoff s laws over thousands of miles
* You will tailor models like a weather-natural gas correlation option financial engineering and customization at scale
* You will forecast client and market trends empirical analytics on satellite imagery, gps pings, consumer data
* You will evolve our risk-management from a risk-neutral framework to include liquidity and client trends
* You will ship our pricing and risk-management to clients through cutting-edge microservices and reactive apps
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
* Ability to design robust and scalable software
* Mathematical knowledge calculus, probability, statistics
* Structured approach to open-ended problem-solving
* Commercial focus: desire to drive PNL and risk
* Strong communication to convey technical topics to a diverse audience
* Team-orientation, self-motivation in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don t just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities* Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.