Securities, FICC, Commodities Strats, Associate 9/16/2017
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Roles and Responsibilities
Do you enjoy:
* Coding up thoughtful, well-designed infrastructure
* Tinkering with models, seeing response and failure
* Tracking problems with practical approximations in short timescales
The Goldman Sachs Commodities Strats role is a unique opportunity to press these daily:
* You will develop optimization algorithms for shipping and warehousing logistics Amazon Prime at the wholesale level
* You will model the physical networks like the topology of the power grid Kirchoff s laws over thousands of miles
* You will tailor models like a weather-natural gas correlation option financial engineering and customization at scale
* You will forecast client and market trends empirical analytics on satellite imagery, gps pings, consumer data
* You will evolve our risk-management from a risk-neutral framework to include liquidity and client trends
* You will ship our pricing and risk-management to clients through cutting-edge microservices and reactive apps
The Strats approach attacks real-time problems via rigorous technology, quantitative modeling, and data science. The role is commercial and innovative taking solutions to drive PNL, risk taking, and risk management. We have the future to build and need inquisitive, dynamic minds.
The Goldman Sachs Commodities business facilitates risk transfer and physical logistics for our clients: corporations that produce and consume commodities, investors, and governments throughout the world. We work with tangible assets: crude oil and products, precious and base metals, natural gas and power, agricultural products.
Success for our clients is achieving their desired risk profile so they can focus on their operational strengths. Success for Goldman Sachs is faster and more accurate pricing for clients, on a wider variety of their asks their platform of choice.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE RE LOOKING FOR
* Ability to design robust and scalable software
* Mathematical knowledge calculus, probability, statistics
* Structured approach to open-ended problem-solving
* Commercial focus: desire to drive PNL and risk
* Strong communication to convey technical topics to a diverse audience
* Team-orientation, self-motivation in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.