This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 10/4/2017
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Our Department is comprised of six divisions and over 60 diverse professionals whose main goal is protecting the patients, visitors, staff and property of the medical center, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We strive to maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service to the BIDMC community while forming strong working relationships with community members.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 21021BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Officer works under the direct supervision of the Public Safety Wok Shift Supervisor (Police Sergeant). Their performance is focused on the protection, safeguarding, security and customer service needs of patients, visitors, employees, their possessions and Medical Center property, in a manner that maintains the highest quality of safety and service to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center community.
* Patrol facility and grounds or maintain fixed post coverage, inspecting for security, health and safety hazards, unauthorized persons and unsecured doors and windows, making notifications or taking corrective action as necessary.
* Respond to calls for service, alarm and emergency code activation, rendering first aid, traffic / pedestrian control, and assistance to clinicians such as deescalating emotionally distressed persons who may pose a safety risk to themselves or others.
* Monitor main entrance to greet, screen and assist patients and visitors in a courteous manner that is sensitive to their culture, offering directions, wheel chair, transportation services and parking validation.
* Direct traffic, monitor parking compliance and provide direction to destinations, to facilitate patients, visitors and employees who are navigating their way through the Medical Center.
* Utilize computer systems to document work activity and to assist visitors in determining where patients are located.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.